What is forex – currency trading – What is forex ?
The foreign exchange market or forex market is considered one of the largest financial markets in the world in terms of liquidity, with an average trading volume of over $5 trillion per day.
Forex is one of the types of direct trading, which is an abbreviation of the term Foreign Exchange Market, that is, exchanging one currency for another, often with the aim of making a profit.
In addition, the foreign exchange market is one of the most dynamic and active financial markets, as it offers its users high levels of liquidity that most other markets lack.
Currency pairs and trading rates
Currencies in the foreign exchange market are traded in pairs such as the British Pound against the U.S. Dollar, the U.S. Dollar against the Euro, in order to make profits through spreads.
Forex exchange rates are determined by the rate of supply and demand, while the price differences between them are known as the spread. Below we will show the most common currency pairs in the forex world:
- Euro/US Dollar is designated by the symbol (USD/EUR).
- British Pound/US Dollar is designated by the symbol (USD/GBP).
- US Dollar/Japanese Yen (JPY/USD).
- Euro/Japanese Yen (JPY/EUR).
- Australian Dollar/US Dollar referred to as (USD/AUD).
- New Zealand dollar/US dollar, referred to as (USD/NZD).
- Canadian dollar/U.S. dollar, denoted by the symbol (USD/CAD).
The foreign exchange market has many different currencies from around the world, and the foreign currencies in the market are divided into major currencies, minor currencies, and western pairs. The major pairs include the 7 most popular pairs mentioned above, while in the minor pairs, the major currencies are traded against each other, except for the US dollar, while the western pairs have one major and one minor currency such as USDNOK and EURTRY.
The major currencies are entirely dependent on the world’s most powerful economies such as the United States, Japan, Switzerland, the Eurozone, Canada, the United Kingdom, and New Zealand.
The trading price of a currency pair is the value of the quoted currency that you can buy for one unit of the base currency.
For example, the Euro and the U.S. dollar are the most popular and most traded currency pair in the foreign exchange market. When you look up the exchange rate of the Euro to the US dollar, you want to know how many dollars (the quote currency) you can buy for 1 Euro (the base currency).
- If the EUR/USD exchange rate is 1.2356, that means you can buy 1.2356 USD for every 1 EUR.
- If the exchange rate is trending upwards, it means that the base currency is strengthening against the secondary currency.
- But if the exchange rate is in a downward trend, it means that the base currency is weakening against the secondary currency.
On the other hand, spreads change according to the popularity of each currency pair, which is determined by the daily trading volume of that pair, and the volume of liquidity and spreads are usually linked to a direct relationship, which means that the higher the liquidity rate leads to lower spreads and vice versa.
What is BOTS?, the meaning of BOTS
Nowadays, anyone interested in Forex or (Nadex) Binary Options, or quite frankly trading in general, should get a membership in the (BOTS) Strategy Development Room. Regardless of your experience level, you can now join and learn from other amazing members. The point of this service is to bring like-minded people together to form a collective of ideas that will help everyone improve. Anyone who has traded for an extended period of time knows that trading is HARD, VERY HARD. It takes time to develop strategies and learn how to control risk. We try to help by providing a community where members can share their experiences and what they are working on to shorten the time it takes to learn these valuable lessons.
It’s Time To Try And Improve Together With TheBOTS Joind Now!
BOTS Community Strategy Development Room For
Forex, Nadex Options & More!
We do our best to create a warm, active community that looks for unique opportunities to gain an edge over the market. Members try to make the most of each and every day by watching the charts and working to develop their own strategies.
Once you sign up, you will see why people feel that no other community can match it.
Join now and get immediate exclusive access to:
- INTERESTING member-driven strategies based on user-defined indicators.
- UNBELIEVABLE in-depth discussions
- QUALITY trading education related to different types of markets
- MORE about why mindset, risk management and discipline are so important